QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER (Rivers)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand customer needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes
- Devise and review specifications for products or processes
- Ensure adherence to health and safety guidelines as well as legal obligations
- Supervise inspectors, technicians and other staff and provide guidance and feedback
- Approve the right products or reject defectives
- Implement and manage the quality control environment.
- Lead and assure the integrity of the Quality Measurement Systems.
- Protect organisation reputation and product integrity.
- Manage financial performance (management).
- Drive systemic performance improvement in the department
- Lead the quality and integrated systems management in the department
- Manage human resources
- Keep accurate documentation and perform statistical analysis
- Solicit feedback from customers to assess whether their requirements are met
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of B.Sc. or HND in Food Science and Technology, Microbiology, or other Science- related disciplines.
- 5 years hands-on experience in similar role in a reputable organisation, preferably in an FMCG environment.
- A high degree of commercial acumen, as well as supervisory, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Good understanding of the principles and practices of Manufacturing Excellence
- Computer literacy is an advantage
Key Competencies and Attributes
- Acts with integrity
- Keen eye for detail and a results driven approach
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- In depth understanding of quality control procedures and relevant legal standards
- Excellent abilities and working knowledge of data analysis/statistical methods
- Strong Analytical problem solving Skills